Some people will:
- Always be jealous that you work smarter and harder
- Find a way to excuse your success
- Tell others that you are just lucky or that other people are just blind
- Continually gossip about you to anyone who will listen
- Do everything they can to undercut you
- Pretend that what you are doing will not matter in the long run
Don't worry about these people. They're not the ones handing you their credit card and their opinions won't pay your bills.
Being awesome intimidates people. Be awesome anyway. As Marianne Williamson says, "There's nothing enlightened about shrinking so that other people won't feel insecure around you."
Originally published August 2009